Thursday, May 1, 2008

My blonde little dog...

I love my dog. But honestly... she isn't that smart sometimes. Allow me to illustrate:

She has had a bark collar since, I dunno, October of last year. And yet... she still barks. And every now and then, we hear a bark followed by lots and lots of yelps. I just shake my head and mutter to myself... stupid dog.

Following Buster's wonderful example, Ask Her has learned to mark trees. Yes, my little dog, will go up to a tree, sniff it, take a few steps and lift one leg and put it on the tree and continues to do her business. Mind you, at first she did not put one foot on the tree, but try to raise one leg. That was kinda cute just because she could only lift it a few inches, if that.

And finally, we all know that Ask Her is part doxen. What we didn't know was the other part was deer. When Ask Her is running anywhere, she periodically throughs in a leap or two with the perfect form of a white tail deer. Yesterday I took her to a nearby walkway with open spaces and took her off the leash and she was just running and leaping all over the place. Run run run BOING run run BOING BOING BOING run run run run BOING run run run BOING BOING etc. It actually is quite cute and I can't get over it sometimes. It's especially funny when she pounces on the dandylions and continues to thrash them, the bringing it to my feet with her tail wagging.

I love my stupid dog...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Cute little Ask Her. She takes after her Aunt Mel, probably. :)