Monday, May 12, 2008

Alien Romance...?!?

So, I loved reading Stephenie Meyer's Twlight Series and I am totaly stoked for her fourth book to come out the end of this summer. I was kinda excited about this past book that she published, titled "The Host". The "back cover" reads something like this:

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away.

Our world has been invaded by an unseen enemy. Humans become hosts for these invaders, their minds taken over while their bodies remain intact and continue their lives apparently unchanged. Most of humanity has succumbed.

When Melanie, one of the few remaining "wild" humans is captured, she is certain it is her end. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, was warned about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the glut of senses, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

Wanderer probes Melanie's thoughts, hoping to discover the whereabouts of the remaining human resistance. Instead, Melanie fills Wanderer's mind with visions of the man Melanie loves—Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she has been tasked with exposing. When outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off on a dangerous and uncertain search for the man they both love.


I never would have thought that I would fall in love with a vampire romance so I thought hey, an aliene romance can't be that bad. Well, it isn't that good either. I dunno. Edward just seemed so believable. Perhaps I could relate to Bella so much better than Melanie or Wanderer. I did move from a desert to a swamp just like she did. All in all, I don't care too much about this book. I don't feel bad the next morning when I realized that a fell asleep reading again. I'll probably finish reading it because I did start it. But unless X-files are your thing... go ahead and wait for the fourth Twilight book.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm shocked you don't like it when the main character has such a fabulous name! :) Actually I'm glad to read your review - I've been wondering if I should try to get my hands on a copy. Looks like I'll wait!

Amy and David Ziehl said...

Are you kidding me? I loved it. you weirdo.