Monday, August 4, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
We headed up to Bear Lake and stayed in this AMAZING house with the entire family. I was assigned to the Teenage Girl room... at that point I didn't know whether it was a compliment (because I looked so young) or that it was a punishment of sorts... Adult supervision... yay. But it was fun sharing with Lisa, Julian, Jodi and Ali. the best moments was when I would walk into the room in the middle of the afternoon and they each were reading either Host or one of the Twilight books. *sniff* They make me so proud!
Much time was spent out on the boats at the lake. First thing Tuesday morning, I mastered the tube... and walked away with a sore neck from whiplash... I blame my dad for that one. It was interesting the next couple days as changing shirts became painful and the only place that I could sleep sitting up happened to be on the couch in the most popular place for the family to be. Joy.
We also had a great time with kareokee, Luau, family dance and just overall being together. These are a few of my favorite moments:
- Grandma Gunnell winning Aloha Bingo Blackout
- Riding in the boat with Macie resting on my lap, Reid sleeping next to me, and Lizzie sitting in the front of the boat screaming.
- Macie (from the above moment) reaching up from under the towel to carress my check and say, "I love you Aunt Melissa" with a deep sigh.
- Riding with the older cousins on Horseback. Rekindled my dream to live on a ranch.
- Cops crashing our kareokee.
- "The Grand Pooh-Bah" Uncle David with his official ladle
- Watching Walker bust a move on the dance floor in he Lightening McQueen undies.
- Mary in her wonderful seashell bra at the Luau.
Afterwords, I crashed at Danny and Mary's until I came home. I saw Jules Hoehn, one of my best friends from high school (soon to be engaged... to Kimber who is a babe!). Lost horribly in Ticket to Ride. Played Horse with Reid. Enjoyed Sacrament Meeting with Macie, yet again on my lap with the occasional carress on the check and "I love you Aunt Melissa." Can being an aunt be much better than that?!