Monday, August 4, 2008

Celebrating the 4th!


I ended up working at the Gap on the 4th (which I'm totally okay with). Holiday pay! Woot woot! I love working holidays for some reason. There is just a totally different atmosphere with tons of energy! Bummer side... missed any parade of any kind. What is the 4th without a parade?!

After I got home and had a quick nap, we were able to go out front and lets the "red rockets red glare!" We were out with the neighbors... ya know... the ones that you wave at but don't talk much to. It was great to actually put names with faces.
The best moment of the night: I looked over at mom who was holding a stick with a red glowing tip. I asked her, "Mom, what are you doing?" "I dunno but it isn't very exciting." Dad then looks over and laughs, "Diane, that's a punk. You use it to light the fireworks." Classic.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my, I am laughing out loud. Such a cute story about your mom (so classic and so totally something I would do).

Amy and David Ziehl said...

oh mom. what are we going to do with her?

Angela Baird said...

Ang and I have had a fun time reading your blog... u r awesome hope all is well. Hilarious conversatoion with liz a couple of posts ago. We love u. Check out my foreclosure blog at foreclosureboys.blogspot.com. It can be kind of funny from time to time. ur awesome. keep ur head up
Miguel

Angela Baird said...

Just popping in to say hi! (I just accidently wrote "ho" and had to go back and re-type "hi". I thought it would have been funny to leave it, though!) You need to update your blog, girl!!! How about a pic of your new place??!? Hope you are doing well! I love your guts, girl!