Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm feeling a bit water-logged...







Honestly, since I've moved to beautiful green Oregon in September, I think that its rained only three times.... each lasting about 3 months. On rare occassions, we do get a sunny day (I have managed to get a sunburn a couple of weekends ago). But how much rain can there be? Honestly?!? I felt like I had my fair share 6 months ago. I don't care about the arguements on how clean the air is, or how green everything is... I would much rather kinda see the sun through smog than not see it at all through the gray skies. And when the pavement is green? That is a bit too much. I laugh to myself when the temperature gets above 75. EVERYONE complains about how hot it is. Mind you, I grew up in Texas and in Ohio. 78 degrees outside is nothing. Especially when there is only moderate humidity. But when the lifelong, tired and true Oregonians start complaining about the rain... it makes me wonder if I should start putting in my order for gopher wood....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, So I went and read your sisters blog! Hope thats ok melanie! And your right, she is hilarious. I love the fact that she has 3 boys, since I do too and I love the father son campout story and all the things that go on in the family! sighhhhhhhhhhhhh, it just makes me want to be a better blogger. Of course I want to be a better everything, and I never can quite get around to it. Probably because I spend too much time leaving too long comments on blogs like yours! THE END

Jeanette said...

Hi Melissa! I have no idea if you will remember who I am but your family used to be in the same ward as mine back in Beavercreek. I was visiting with Allison Stoker this week and she told me about your blog. I thought I would pop in and say hi. So what part of Oregon are you in? We lived in the Clackamas/Happy Valley area for about 2 years.