Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oh, to be a 4 year old...

On Monday, I called my sister, Ang, just to chit-chat. However, her oldest daughter, Lizzie (4 1/2) answered the phone. This is the just of ther conversation:

L: Hello, Bairds!
M: Hi, who is this?
L: Elizabeth.
M: Hi Lizzie! What are you doing?
L: Waiting for my uncle to come play.
M: Which uncle? Uncle Paul or Uncle John?
L: Uncle John.
M: Why is he coming over?
L: Cause my dad needs to go check on my mom.
M: Where is she?
L: At the dentist.
M: Where is you dad?
L: He's home from work.
M: Where is Katelyn?
L: On the counter.
M: Where is baby Cassidy?
L: My dad just put her down for a nap.
M: Okay. What did you do today?
L: (something about her friend that lives behind them) And guess what?
M: What?
L: She wears a bikini?
M: Oh. Do we wear bikinis?
L: No.
M: Why not?
L: Um... guess what Aunt Melissa...
M: What?
L: I can do a cartwheel all by myself?
M: You can?! You must be almost five years old.
L: Aunt Melissa, you must not know when my birthday is. It's October 30th.
M: I know that. It right by Halloween. Macie turns 5 first and then its your turn.
L: Guess what Aunt Melissa...
M: What?
L: I'm going with a friend to go ride ponies. I can go because I'm 4 but Katelyn can't. She isn't 4.
M: Oh. Do you want to know what I want to do when I grow up after I'm a mom and all my kids are grown up?
L: What?
M: I want to buy a big house on lots of land and get some horses.
L: (long pause) Melissa... can you say that part again. I was watching my friend out on her lawn.
M: Um... *chuckles* okay... when I grow up after I'm a mom and all my kids are grown up I want to buy a big house on lots of land and get some horses and be a cowgirl.
L: That's what I want to do!
M: Really?!
L: Yeah!
M: Well then, whoever gets to be a cowgirl first can let the other person come over and ride their horses... how does that sound?
L: I bet you will be first, cause guess what?
M: What?
L: You are bigger.
M: Oh. Well, we'll see.

4 comments:

The Foote Family said...

That's really cute!

Ashley and Ben said...

Hey Melissa,
I totally miss seeing you so we need to have a girls night and watch movies or something...maybe if you don't have to work one saturday we could go pickin' some yummy fruit. Let me know if you are up for anything!

Ashley

Kathleen and Justin Lofley said...

Hi there, Melissa! It's a long story of how I found you, but I'm glad I did. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are. I'd love to catch up with you! Email me at kathleenlofley@gmail.com. I hope you're doing well!

Unknown said...

Aunt Melissas News! A great title, but wheres the new news! I keep checking and checking, I would like you to know it has been over a month since you posted! WHERE ARE YOU!