Monday, June 9, 2008

Alien Romance...?!? Part II

About 10 days ago... I couldn't get to sleep and the cover of The Host was staring me down. Not to mention that I had spent the evening watching the preview for the Twilight movie (December just cannot come fast enough), I decided to give it one more chance.

After 2 pages... I WAS HOOKED!

I stayed up until 1 or 2 that night reading... slept with the light on... took it to work, read it during every possible break... stayed up until 1 or 2 that night, slept with the light on, and last Sunday I finally finished it. I had thought all along that it wasn't going to be until the end of the book that she finds Jared and Jamie... low and behold... on that second page on that night 10 days ago, she sees him! Oh my goodness! Talk about intense! Plus, let's be honest... Ian is a much better catch. I TOTALLY would pick him over Jared. But that is besides the point... All I have to say is.... the first 120 pages or so are kinda hard to get through... but after that IT IS WONDERFUL! Mel... you have to read it... I will bring you my copy at the reunion!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Meliss - ok, so I have Amy's copy (thanks, Amy!) but I confess I'm having a really hard time getting into it. I guess I'll give it another go...wish me luck.

Unknown said...

This has nothing to do with Aliens or romance, just wanted you to know you were missed tonight!

The Foote Family said...

Hey Melissa-I also loved the book!

Tyson Jocie and Elaina said...

Hi Melissa, I love this book! i got my whole dental office reading twilight and now they are starting this one. i had trouble getting into it at first too but once i was in i could not stop! i love stephanie meyer!